59 ~ A Bride-to-Be Should NEVER have to cry
Well much of Day 60 was spent with me in tears as I stayed glued to Fox News Channel, watching the Swine Flu developments unfold. I think I’ve read every article imaginable on this stupid flu virus through bleary swollen eyes, but my heart took the ultimate dive when travel advisories/warnings were issued against any unnecessary travel to Mexico. But shouldn’t one of the most important days of my life considered necessary?
During a time when I should be worried about all the stuff I still have to do, I am now totally focused on this Swine Flu pandemic. I honestly can’t believe this is all happening…after our years of planning for it to come to this hurts so much. I know nothing is for certain, and Tommy is constantly reassuring me that we are still about 60 days out and so much can change, but it is difficult not think about what could happen ~ cancelation/postponement. To be so close to having our dream wedding culminate with so many sharing our day, and it all could be for not if this health crisis doesn’t clear. It is quite simply, so disappointing.
I’ve already sent our guests an email addressing the situation, and letting them know we hope to know more about how our plans may be affected in the next two weeks. God I hope I have good news to share in the next two weeks. My mom has already made mention that we should make a decision at least 30 days out. So as you can imagine, I am sending every prayer to God that this situation fizzles out in the coming weeks. I honestly cannot even imagine not getting married in Akumal. The thought simply breaks my heart…..
I guess I’ll just have to wait and see how it all plays out.